You are a critical thinker and strategic in your approach. You are detail-oriented, have a helpful communication style, thrive on accuracy, and find fulfillment in helping others find the answers that they seek.
The ideal candidate will have substantial exposure to monthly closing processes, forecasting and budgeting, and customer billing. They will be organized and approach each issue with an analytical mindset.
- Ensure business transactions are reported in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Perform bank reconciliations for all bank accounts
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly
- Perform the month-end close with assistance from team members
- Assist with the annual year-end process Research and analyze expense variances for company management
- Collaborating with our account team, you accurately invoice clients
- Check data input in the accounting system to ensure the accuracy of the final bill
- Calculate sales tax for multiple jurisdictions
- Research, report, and resolve billing discrepancies; and facilitate proper resolution by communicating with appropriate parties
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system. Oversee the coding of credit card entries and maintain an organized backup
- Collaborate with part-time Accounts Payable team member
- Support and partner with client teams on responsibilities such as profitability reporting, researching discrepancies, maximizing opportunities, pricing strategy, etc.
- Review P&L and Balance Sheet with the Leadership Team.
- Produce and analyze reports that support the company’s decision-making.
- Input data into established financial modeling tools to enable the leadership team to budget, staff, and achieve profitability
- Partner to update accounts receivable ledger when necessary
- Become intimately involved with Workamajig billing module
- Manage all client P.O.’s
- Establish and maintain accounting processes that ensure we are always operating with best practices.
- Operate out of the office in the North Loop of Minneapolis – Parking will be reimbursed.
Your experience includes:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5-7 years of accounting experience – Previous agency experience a plus
- Strong communications skills
- The ability to understand the impact of transactions on the company’s financial statements
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Desire and ease to work with people of all levels of the agency